Meet Dr. Clark
I absolutely love creating beautiful smiles for my patients. My favorite part is seeing the confidence my patients gain as their smile transforms. I chose to become an orthodontist initially because it integrates my interests in science and artistry, but over the years I have found that my true joy has come from the relationships I have with my patients. All patients bring with them a unique story, and it is so much fun to get to know many different people and personalities.
Before I became an orthodontist, I worked with children in a very different setting — in the classroom! I taught elementary school and high school biology for six years. That experience has greatly enriched my skills as an orthodontist, especially in educating patients about hygiene and the importance of compliance during treatment.
I am so excited to be able to merge my knowledge of science and biomechanics and my attention to detail in the creation of my art — a beautiful smile.
Education and continuing education
- Bachelor of Science in biology – Presbyterian College, Clinton, SC
- Master of Education – Converse College, Spartanburg, SC
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – New York University College of Dentistry,
- Certificate in Orthodontics – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
During my orthodontic residency, I was trained with state of the art technology and the most current treatment techniques. In our practice, we uphold the same philosophy by staying current in the most up-to-date advancements. I regularly attend continuing education seminars and participate in study clubs to stay current in the latest techniques, including Invisalign®, and innovative new treatment modalities such as Incognito®lingual braces.
I take great pride in offering my patients top notch treatment to help them achieve the smile they have always wanted.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
- New Jersey Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Bergen County Dental Society
Outside the office
I grew up a true “Southern girl” in South Carolina, but I have transitioned happily into a “city girl” who loves New York City. My husband Ken and I live in Rutherford, and we love the feeling of community that abounds. We enjoy long walks with our goldendoodle Louis–you’ll see us walking all over town. I love to spend my free time taking in the cultural scene in New York City, including Broadway shows and museums, dining in amazing restaurants, exploring Central Park with Louis, or just simply people watching!